Start a new topic
Solved

Cohost keeps logging me out

Hello!

I am very frequently being logged out from Cohost; login sessions are getting lost on a near-daily basis. This adds a lot of friction to my use of the site, since I have to log in before checking for new posts.

I filed this as a bug but of course, I don't really know if it's a bug or intended behavior.

I am primarily using the iOS progressive web app.

20 people have this problem

I get logged out at least every day, and sometimes more than once per day, using Cohost as a web app saved to my home screen on iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 16.1.1.

Still an issue, both on Firefox Desktop and Mobile.

Still an issue for me on iOS.

Happens for me when I add Cohost to my home screen from Firefox Mobile on Android, every time I open it I'm logged out. Unsure if using desktop is required to log out or if just closing the PWA is what causes it.

Happening for me on Firefox 108.0.1 on current Windows 10 as well as iOS 15.4 on Safari. On desktop, it might be an interaction with one of these extensions, I haven't on/off tested them:

This is happening to me every day across 3 devices. iPhone, Windows Firefox, and Mac Chromium. For each device, if the cohost site remains unvisited for a span of 24 hours, I will have to sign in again the next time I visit it. I don't have any special cookie policies enabled in any of these browsers, though I have uBlock Origin installed on both the Firefox and Chromium-based browsers. Cohost is the only site I use that has this problem. Twitter, Mastodon instances, Google-based things, Twitch, webmail accounts, various forums, chat platforms, etc., are all fine. It's only cohost.

I'll try clearing data for the cohost domains, but I'm skeptical this will work, since some these were only used with cohost after this thread was marked as solved.

It happens to me at least twice a week on both desktop and mobile.

For what it's worth. With iOS/Safari, I was experiencing almost daily log in.

> Settings
> Safari
> Advanced
> Website Data

> "cohost" and "cohostcdn"

Cleaning this up seems to have led to a more persistent session.

I started getting logged out recently; didn't experience this for the ~2 months I've been using cohost before now. Android, pixel 6 pro, Firefox I have the cohost website pinned to my home screen so it runs like an app (forget the proper name for this). Fwiw: I own the auth system at my job and I know these bugs are way harder to track down than they appear. Sending y'all the goodest vibes

This past week I've been constantly getting logged out out of nowhere and idk why it's marked as Solved :/ I use Firefox!

Yep, this is happening to me across all browsers and devices. It seems like the login session only lasts ~1 day, which is pretty annoying.

it hasn't happened to me at all, but two of my friends have mentioned this issue, one of 'em experiencing it more frequently lately, too

(oh, since you seemingly cant edit posts here, i'll add that it's been happening to 'em on both pc's and phones)

gonna mark this as solved for now.  if you keep getting logged out, though, please feel free to reply to this thread and we'll take a look.

Login or Signup to post a comment