Start a new topic
Planned

Add a Notification on Ask Response

Currently when someone answers your ask, you don't get any kind of acknowledgment unless you come across the answer post through some other means. This is fine if you follow the person you asked, but if you don't it requires actively checking their page. This is inconsistent with both comment replies and rebugs with comment, which actively inform you if someone directly responds to you.

If added, this should also probably be its own toggle in the notifications menu.

69 people like this idea

Agreed! It would be really nice, since I'm kind of forgetful and presumably some people may not get around to their asks for a while.

4 people like this

I wonder if it would be possible to send notifications for all ask responses when this is implemented, filtered by interacting with the response. So if I ask user A a question and they answer it, and I ask user B a question and they answer it and I like user B's response but I don't like (or comment on) user A's response, it only notifies me about user A's response.

I would also really appreciate this. Even if you follow the person, you still have to double-check to see if they've responded. Additionally, the recipient might take their time responding so it's not obvious when to make that conscious effort to find the response.

This would be very nice, as there's no way currently to know without happening to see their post when it's posted, noticing it when reading through your feed later, or deciding to manually check their page to search for a response. When I send someone an ask, I'm pretty interested in their answer, so having a notification for this would be very nice for ensuring I actually get to read that answer.

Would really appreciate this; I like using asks a lot, and given that cohost doesn't allow for direct responses like tumblr, it'd be really nice to not miss asks.

I came to this forum just to suggest this feature. Knowing I've been answered is an inherent part of building community.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment